Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day to Day Sustainable Living

I think I owe it to my readers to show the not-so-exciting days of Learning to Live Local on Less. So many blogs and magazines out there are full of the excitement...the planting, the harvesting, the new goat endeavor, and the latest advancement in biking for transportation...that we don't ever have images of the author picking weeds in 90 degree weather and cleaning the toilet (naturally, of course). So I am here to tell you that this blogger is unglamourously getting up early to clean the berry patch before the heat kicks in, nearly passing out hanging loads of laundry in the squeltering sun, and vacuuming the house. Nonetheless, it is all very life-giving to me. I once read a quote in the book "Living More with Less" that said something to the point of: if living simply weren't so fun, I wouldn't do it. The concept has stuck with me. Thus, while I await my sourdough to rise, I blog while looking out the back window at my kids playing in the sandbox and my laundry blowing in the breeze. Sometimes I think the boring days are what life is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment