Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rabbit Meat

Preparing my Rabbit for the Fryer
Something about seeing that whole guy intact - minus his head and feet - makes him less appealing.  Nonetheless, I was determined to give it a chance.  However, after cooking it the best I knew how, I've decided I'm just not a fan of eating rabbit.  It's a little expensive, a little chewy, and alot of work for a little meat.  If you want to bring me a perfectly cooked, gourmet dish of rabbit to prove me wrong, feel free.  But until then, I think it's back to other entrees for me.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a rabbit from Eli Creek Farms last spring and prepared it in the crock pot. It came out so tender and flavorful! My fiancé raved for days about it! It is a little on the expensive side for the amount of meat that you get, but it's nice to mix it up once in awhile. I also saved the bones to add to a chicken frame in the crock pot for broth - it was easily the best broth I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete